Frequently Asked Questions
What will show up on my credit card statement?Because your privacy is of the highest importance to us. Your card will be billed discreetly as HL Project.
How do I know the hacker I choose is legitimate?Hacker's List is meant to provide only the best people and services. To do this we must review each Hacker that comes along to be hired.
- All freelances have to be approved by a Hacker's List Administrator before they are allowed to submit proposals.
- Hackers also have to maintain a minimum of a 3 star rating. Hackers that over charge or have a record of disputes are removed from our site.
- As another way to keep bad hackers for hire and scammers out: We charge a percentage of all projects the hacker takes. Those hackers with low ratings pay a higher percentage. This encourages hackers to have the highest level of service to maximize their earning potential.
Isn't hacking illegal?HL is intended for legal and ethical use. If you feel a project violates our terms of service please report the listing immediately. We do our best to moderate projects however we rely on the community to aid in this process.
what is escrow?An escrow is:
An arrangement made under contractual provisions between transacting parties, whereby an independent trusted third party receives and disburses money and/or documents for the transacting parties, with the timing of such disbursement by the third party dependent on the fulfillment of contractually-agreed conditions by the transacting parties, or
An account established by a broker, under the provisions of license law, for the purpose of holding funds on behalf of the broker's principal or some other person until the consummation or termination of a transaction; or,
A trust account held in the borrower's name to pay obligations such as property taxes and insurance premiums.
How can I get my money back if something goes wrong?We hate to see bad things happen and we encourage everyone to try and resolve issues amongst themselves. But, we understand that sometimes a third party is needed to help resolve issues. So we have a dedicated dispute process and if we cannot resolve your issues you will be issued a refund within 7-15 business days.
I've forgotten my password. How can I retrieve it?If you navigate to the Forgotten Password page you can enter email address used for the account and we will send you instructions for resetting your password.
How do I add escrow to my project?Once you have posted your projec and selected a winner, add escrow to your project following these steps:
1. when you log in you will be presented with your dashboard:
2. Once Logged there click on the green settings icon in the dashboard heading:
3. Once there select the Transfer to Escrow option:
I completed a project. Why is my withdraw delayed?We sometimes require additional information in order to verify a withdraw. We review requests to ensure that all services have been completed satisfactorily. This process adds additional time and can be completed in a few days.
I've completed a project, how do I speed up my withdraw?If selected for review you can speed up the process by providing documentation supporting your project. Documentation such as a service agreement or other verifying information between you and your hacker or client. A sample service agreement can be found here: https://hackerslist.com/templates/Sample_Service_Agreement.pdf